12 MONTH LIMITED WARRANTY ON UNIT
60 MONTH LIMITED WARRANTY ON INFRARED EMITTERS
Terms and conditions of Sauna Tech are as follows:
Sauna Tech Terms and conditions
- The Sauna provides a 12 month warranty on wood components against defective material and/or workmanship of cabinetry. Since the wood used in our infra-red saunas has been kiln dried, a certain amount of expansion and contraction occurs in the wood within a sauna environment. This may result in minor cracks, which is considered normal and not covered under warranty.
- Sauna Tech provides a 12 month warranty on heating elements and electrical components. The CD/DVD/LCD system carries its own 6 month manufacturer’s warranty.
- Warranty is not transferable between parties and only valid to the original purchaser.
- Proof of original purchase must be provided.
- Wear and tear of the unit is not covered by Saunatech and any of it’s subsidiaries and/or associates. As this is a DIY kit, the upkeep of the unit, maintaining, cleaning and general repairs (i.e changing Bulbs etc ) will be the responsibily of the customer.The onus is on the client to keep the unit clean and in good working order at all times . General wear and tear of everyday use will not be covered under warranty.
Sauna Tech will perform all labour at our factory free of charge during the warranty period. The customer is responsible for shipping warranted product to The Saunas Shop at their expense. Customer may elect to have replacement parts shipped to them when applicable in lieu of labour at the factory.
Starting your Hot Rock sauna and curing process
Once the sauna installation is finished and ready for use, a number of steps still remain before you can enjoy the first sauna. Curing a sauna is a simple process but very important for allowing the heat to “break-in” the woodwork. If the sauna is heated up too quickly and for too long this won’t give the wood panels time to expand gradually and although small cracks are a normal process , bigger gaps can be a sign of heating up and too much moisture too soon. Should this happen you would need to cool the sauna down and wait for it to be completely dry to allow the wood to contract again. This can take time depending on the outer environment and various seasons with different humidity levels. It may be necessary to replace panels if the shrinkage is not enough, this is the customer responsibility and cost not the supplier. Some swelling or shrinkage can occur in the door depending on the seasons and the moisture levels in the home
The sauna should be on for one hour at full temperature with the door closed before anyone uses it for the first time. The sauna should be only used for an hour at a time in the beginning stages for at least a month this is dependent on the season and moisture and allows the wood to expand and contract gradually. An occasional rock may crack along a “fault line” during the initial heat-up. Once the rocks are fully heated after forty-five minutes, 1 litre of water slowly on the rocks to “steam clean” them and complete the final test. If water pools on the floor you’re pouring the water too fast. The water should steam without any reaching the floor if you’re doing it properly.
Care Of The Sauna Room.
When finished using the sauna, propping the door open will allow good air-flow to dry out all wood surfaces. A double layer of terrycloth should be used on the top bench for comfort as well as for keeping the top bench clean from all perspiration and staining of the wood. The terrycloth should be washed occasionally.
Under normal conditions, a slight wash of the floor several times a year will maintain its cleanliness. The benches can be washed with a mild solution of liquid cleaner and water to remove any buildup and perspiration stains from the wood. Never use ammonia or harsh cleaners as they can turn the wood grey. Do NOT use commercial wood sealers from local lumberyards or hardware stores. These are not designed to withstand the sauna temperatures or humidity!
Some swelling or shrinkage can occur in the door depending on the seasons and the moisture levels in the home.
The warranty is deemed void if the sauna has been misused, altered or left exposed to the elements of weather.
1.Sauna Tech and any of its subsidiaries and/or associates shall not be held responsible for any misuse of the sauna by the customer. Sauna Tech shall not be held liable for any damage and/or injury caused by customer misuse of product.
2. Sauna Tech and any of its subsidiaries and/or associates do not provide medical guidance or diagnosis. It is always recommended that you contact your physician for advice.
III. Cancellation and Return Policy
1. Buyer may cancel and return the goods to Seller, subject to the terms and conditions of this policy. Buyer shall assume all risk of loss associated with the return as well as shipping, handling, restocking and other fees, costs and expenses as described in this policy.
2. Seller reserves the right to refuse to refund any deposit or payment, or cancel any payment due, and any owing until such time as Seller a) is in receipt of the goods b) has inspected the goods and c) in the Seller’s discretion, has found the goods to be free of damage.
3. All returned goods must be in their original packaging. Seller may refuse to refund all or any portion of any payment, or cancel payment due and owing if the Buyer fails to fully comply with or violates the terms and conditions of this policy.
Shipping, Handling and Restocking Fees
All cancelled or returned goods shall be subject to a) storage fees and costs associated with routing the goods b) handling and restocking fee in the amount of R3500 for each sauna c) all shipping costs to and from the Seller and d) Seller providing a return merchandise authorization (RMA) number. Buyer’s failure to obtain the RMA number shall result in Seller not accepting any returned shipment and Buyer paying all costs and fees. All such costs and fees as determined by Seller shall be paid by Buyer to Seller upon demand by Seller.
(The wood used in construction has been kiln dried, a certain amount of expansion and contraction occurs in the wood in a sauna environment. Surface cracks are not considered defects in material or workmanship, as they are normal characteristics of all woods. This includes minor cracks due to wood expansion and contraction. Wood is a living material that continues to respond to climate conditions, even after being manufactured into a sauna. Variations in the color or grain, and irregularities such fine cracks are part of the natural beauty of the wood and in no way should be considered defects. During normal operation, wood may crack slightly or you may see gaps this is due to the changes in moisture level. This will not affect the structural integrity of the sauna. Prior to shipping, the wood is inspected for consistency, color and quality)
We hope this information has been helpful. If you should have any further questions, Please call 021 5567203
Please Note show special Prices are only valid for a period of three months unless otherwise agreed for an extension in writing. Not with standing that Saunatech reserves the right to increase prices after the three months grace period when a product was purchased at a show for the particular Sauna purchased in accordance with prices increases and upgrades costs.
- 1 year limited warranty on wood, electrical parts,
- 6 months year limited warranty on stereo.
- This unit is meant for personal indoor use. Warranty is voided if used outdoors. Spectrum cc warrants this unit to be free of defects in material and workmanship. Parts, which become defective within the warranty period, will be repaired except for damage due to negligence, abuse, misuse, misapplication, unauthorized modifications, improper installation, or normal wear and tear.
- Spectrum cc will not be responsible for labour incurred in removing, inspecting and reinstalling the warranty parts. Spectrum cc. will not cover any labour costs attributable to disassembly and reassembly of the unit. Spectrum cc will not be responsible for labour costs of the routine maintenance, adjustments or alterations to the calibration of the electrical devices.
- Any parts claimed to be defective must be shipped freight prepaid, to SaunaTech and the repaired or replaced product will be returned to the sender freight collect. When sent to SaunaTech, the product must be accompanied by the sales receipt or other proof of purchase date, as well as the sender’s name, mailing address, daytime telephone number and any other information relating to the sender’s claim. This warranty applies to this unit only.
- WARRANTY: FOR DOMESTIC USEPeriod Covered
First 6 months Parts and labour car radio CD & speakers
First 12 Months Parts and labour of Hemlocok Fir Cabinets
First 24 Month Parts and labour of Infrared Emitters
Month 25 to month 60 Infrared Emitter parts only